Saturday, February 2, 2008

From the Desk of Reverend Elvis D.

Friends,

Just recently, I had to get a pair of glasses and they're causing me some serious headaches, so blogging may a little light here at the First Church of DC Comictician and Latter Day Citizens of the Planets in the next few days. As you can see in this recent photo, I finally got my teeth fixed. The Indians hat covers up the couple spots on my head that have grown back a few clumps of hair. I've been generally feeling a little better about myself lately- now this.

My friend, Jenny- from Jennyville (currently under construction), suggested that I need to see a new optometrist.

But I think something else is going on here that Jenny and other folks who believe that Wonder Woman was sent here from the Island of Themyscira to save us from our sinisters hasn't considered. The Legion of Doom may be targeting my eyesight with some sort of mega-ray gun, undoubtedly invented by Gorilla Grodd, in an attempt to stop me from spreading the good word of Batgirl and prevent me from my daily work in spreading the Justice League's love to every home in the Alpha Quadrant.

In the meantime, I will be studying the Batman Chronicles and The Green Lantern: Greatest Stories Ever Told for truth and wisdom as well as pondering upon the Star Trek scriptures in search of new ways to apply Captain Jean Luc Picard's teachings to a world filled with infidels, supervillians, and Marvel comic book readers. Arkham Asylum is a terrible place to spend eternity so our mission to sway you from that path of unrighteousness will never end.

In the meantime, may Captain James T. Kirk continue to bestow blessings upon you all.

8 comments:

Anne Johnson said...

Did you remember to tell the optometrist about your X-Ray Vision? Because they need to know about stuff like that when they write up lens prescriptions.

Elvis Drinkmo said...

Damn- I forgot.

That might just be it, Anne!!

Buzzardbilly said...

Elvis, at this moment I'm also typing my post for tonight. You'll be getting an award there, so come pick it up when I get it posted (before tomorrow). :)

larryosaurus said...

Whazzup Four Eyes!

I'm just kidding, they make you look intellectual. Really. ;)

Elvis Drinkmo said...

Thanks, Jackie. I guess Clark Kent wore glasses too- I wonder who Superman's optometrist was.

Buzzardbilly said...

Elvis, I forgot to mention how dreamy those glasses make you look. That pics gonna make all the ladies swoon. Yes sir. Swoon.

Elvis Drinkmo said...

Thanks, Billy.

The most important thing was getting those pearly white teeth fixed- now I can back into the woods and run with wild boars and feel like part of the wolf pack again.

Anonymous said...

Hey, you look pretty smart in those specs! :-D