Saturday, November 17, 2007

Two Visions, One Choice

Last night, I was sleeping comfortably when I was quickly awoken by a group of Watchtower employees and transported to place that is painfully hard to describe.

We entered a gate where I could hear screaming and wicked laughter and gnashing of teeth.

Our DC Heroes wanted me to see firsthand what Arkham Asylum really looked like. And let me tell you, folks, I have never seen such terrific horrors. The temperature was way too hot as if there were some eternal coal stove being stoked in some dark, damp boiler room below the first floor.

People were bouncing off the walls. Some were screaming out for Spiderman, others were wrapped in straight jackets drooling and muttering incomprehensible blabber. I saw the Joker, the Penguin, the Riddler, Mr. Freeze, the Mad Hatter, and Harvey "Two-Face" Dent. Although they too were writhing in pain, they seemed to act like those dominating thugs you see on MSNBC's Lockup. They seemed to add to the torture that was already prevalent inside these walls of doom and dread.

Then these Watchtower employees whisked me to another place. It was hall made of gold and silver. Joy and happiness filled the air. This was the Hall of Justice. It was comfortable and seasonally warm with a crisp and cozy breeze of autumn flowing throughout the majestic abode.

Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, the Flash, Hawkgirl, the Martian Manhunter, and Green Lantern- John Stewart sat around a glorious round conference table smiling. Other Justice League and Justice Society members were hanging around with welcoming smiles. All around me was bliss and that cozy sensation of almighty justice and righteousness.

Then I was back in bed and realized what I had to do. I had to get the word out and let people know that we all have a choice. We can live by the Word of the DC Comics and Justice League of America and experience eternal bliss. Or we can sit around watching Anime; plotting the perfect jewelery store robbery and be condemned to the wicked halls of Arkham Asylum.

The choice has been laid out for us. Which path will you take?

No comments: