Sunday, July 8, 2007

How This New Faith Began- Part 1

First of all, I'd like to thank the six or seven people who visit this blog on a regular basis except Anne Johnson- I mean I love her to death, but she's trying to lead us all into thinking that we have to watch out for imaginary villains like Magneto and Dr. Doom, when the actual threat lies with real supervillains like the Black Manta and Gorilla Grodd. Marvel Comics prey on the weak and ask us to believe that some guy became a hero after getting bit by some damn spider then turn around and completely reject the Truth of the Flash who got the power of lightening fast speed from a lab accident. I know it's hard to believe that people can think like this, but apparently they do.

So for those of you who have wondered aloud: "just how did you discover the truth about our DC Heroes and the Holy Starfleet Captains?" Well, Superman has heard your prayers and informed me through a vision that the Martian Manhunter wants me to tell the story. So here it is the first installment.

It was an ordinary night and I was cooking dinner over the fire when I was struck with complete despair. It was so gripping that I couldn't even move, all I could do was think about how awful the world had become. Murder, crime, war, terror, people stepping over people; it was everywhere. Tears welled up in my eyes and my body began to shake.

Then suddenly it was like a dream; a vision appeared from out of dark. Just to make sure I wasn't dreaming or absolutely crazy, I held my hand directly over the fire. After five or so minutes, I began to smell the burning flesh from my hand. I knew that what was happening was, in fact, as real as real gets.

I couldn't quite make out who this figure was, but it was so illuminating my could only guess that this was some sort of higher power. He held out his hand and immediately the fear and despair that had paralyzed me was lifted. This man spoke to me in not just English, but Appalachian and he said, "C'mon, boy. Got somethin' I need to show ya."


To be continued.


Tags:

No comments: