Kids aren't learning the things they should in our public schools. All this useless reading, math, history, and science with absolutely no mention of the words Starfleet or Gamma Quadrant.
So my next suggestion for cleaning up America's schools is to prepare some questions for our local school boards. Here are some examples of things that need to be addressed.
- Why don't star charts include the planets Andor, Vulcan, Tellar, and Bajor?
- Are our children supposed to go through life not knowing that there are four quadrants to the galaxy? The one with Earth, the one with the Romulans, the one with the Dominion, and the one with the Borg.
- Why are we not teaching children the philosophies of Surak and Kayless along with those of Plato and Aristotle?
- Why aren't the Ferengi's 285 Rules of Acquisition taught in General Business classes?
- In biology class, why aren't our children learning about how Captain Picard was taken back to the beginning of life on Earth by Q and shown the first two amoebas joining? (This also needs to be taught in World History.)
- Lastly, why isn't Mr. Scott's Guide to the Enterprise being offered as a textbook in Physics class?
This is just another hint on some other ways in which we can turn this country around. We can't expect Starfleet to save us from the Borg, if we continue to turn our backs on them and deny the Truth to our children.
Public Schools, Separation of Church and State, Star Trek
One of our faithful, JDB, has made the following suggestion: put the bat'leth back in gym class. That is an excellent idea since kids are graduating every year without the skills and knowledge needed to fight the Klingons in hand-to-hand combat.
Blessed be our Holy Starfleet Captains.